The Kansas Legislature created the Department of Administration in 1953.
The Department of Administration is a service agency. Our customers are Kansas taxpayers and our fellow state employees and agencies. It is our mission to provide excellent customer service, every time.
The Secretary of Administration is charged with the responsibility of managing the agency and its approximately 500 employees. The agency is organized by offices:
- Office of the Secretary
- Office of Chief Counsel
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Office of Facilities and Property Management
- Office of Financial Management
- Office of Personnel Services
- Office of Procurement and Contracts
- Office of Public Affairs
- Office of Systems Management